Nano Organic Montmorillonite(OMMT)
This product utilizes a special intercalating agent to modify montmorillonite and turn it into nano organic montmorillonite(OMMT) with a layer spacing of 3.0nm. It is primarily used for melt modification of PE, EVA and other polymers.
The organic montmorillonite and the material are melt-intercalated at a specific ratio, and the monomer is inserted between the montmorillonite layers to expand the interlayer spacing between the layers and completely dissociate them into different layers. A uniform dispersion in the material matrix ensures excellent barrier and mechanical properties.
- Improve the flame-retardant properties of the polymer: During polymer combustion, the nano organic montmorillonite(OMMT) forms a dense barrier carbon layer on the surface, which reduces the combustion heat on unburned sections and leads to decomposition. The product diffusion into the flaming area inhibits volatile generation growth and ensures an excellent insulation and isolation to prevent material burning.
- Improve the mechanical properties such as polymer tensile strength, flexural strength and modulus.
- Increase the polymer’s heat distortion temperature.
- Improve the polymer’s drip resistance.
Suitable for a variety of PE and EVA products that require a flame retardant treatment.
|Interlamellar spacing||nm||≥ 3.0|
- 3-6% organic montmorillonite and PE, EVA are extruded once using a twin screw.
- Organic montmorillonite and PE, EVA are extruded secondary with twin-screw:
during the first extrusion, PE or EVA granulation is used for making master batch with organic montmorillonite content of 40% -50%; during the second extrusion, the master batch is diluted with PE and EVA to reach 3-6% content of organic montmorillonite, then extruded using a twin screw. Comparing with products made by single extrusion process, secondary extruded product has better effects.
- Packed in paper and plastic bags, 15 kg/bag
- Stored in ventilation and shading
- Transported as non-dangerous goods